Is there a MicroPython or CircuitPython build for the Challenger+ RP2350 WiFi6/BLE5?

Use this forum to discuss WiFi and BLE related topics concerning the Challenger and Connectivity boards.
znmeb

Is there a MicroPython or CircuitPython build for the Challenger+ RP2350 WiFi6/BLE5?

Post by znmeb »

I'm working on a project for the RP2xxx family that uses MicroPython. I've got things more or less working on a Pico W but I'd like to have the extra compute power (and the PSRAM!) of the Challenger+. Is there a MicroPython or CircuitPython port in the works?
Pontus
Site Admin

Re: Is there a MicroPython or CircuitPython build for the Challenger+ RP2350 WiFi6/BLE5?

Post by Pontus »

We've submitted a Circuitpython PR so that will be available in a couple of days. And we've also done the necessary implementation work for Micropython where we are doing some initial testing and we expect to have a PR for that as well in a matter of days.
cp_addict

Re: Is there a MicroPython or CircuitPython build for the Challenger+ RP2350 WiFi6/BLE5?

Post by cp_addict »

I have tested the CircuitPython version successfully. I do suggest changing pin-names (see the conversation in the PR).

There are still some hard-crashes of CP core, but I am not sure this is related to the PR. There are still some rough edges for the RP2350 port.

Bernhard
Pontus
Site Admin

Post by Pontus »

Bernhard,

I agree with your suggestions and as soon as I get the time I will fix it and the remaining issues with the PR.

Regards
/Pontus